Patient Monitoring Equipment
- Only FDA approved devices.
- Adhere to posted magnetic field strength limits.
- Must be tethered to the wall as posted.
- Cables must be insulated from the patient to prevent thermal injury.
- Take precautions to limit and monitor for symptoms of thermal injury.
- Monitors from the patient units (ED, ICU, etc.) may NOT be used.
- See Log Book in MRI suite for specific conditions.
Bottom Line: Only MRI conditional devices may be used. All conditions must be met to be MRI permissible.