Bottom line: MRI permissible if all conditions are met
Prometra Implantable Infusion Pump
Risks: Thermal, Device malfunction
- Ensure patient can be deprived of medication infusion during the MRI scan.
- All medication must be drained out of the pump prior to the exam. The pump must be set to 0 mg/day.
- Static magnetic field strength up to and including 1.5T.
- Pump settings must be reset and verified after MRI.
- Also Known As: PROMETRA II, Implantable infusion pump, Drug infusion pump, Baclofen pump, Intrathecal pump
- Exposure to the magnetic field without emptying the pump is dangerous as the static magnetic field will cause immediate discharge of all contents.
- Conditions and comments only apply to Prometra and Prometra II infusion pumps. Medtronic Synchromed Implantable Infusion Pump is a different implantable infusion pump with different specifications.
Bottom Line: All conditions must be met to be MRI permissible.